Happy new year! Just like every year, my first blog post of 2018 is all about my goals and resolutions!
1. Spend less time on Facebook: My first goal for 2018 is to spend less time on Facebook. Whenever I’m bored, I automatically open Facebook, without even thinking about it. I’m on it way too much and honestly, I don’t even like Facebook that much. So this year, I want to be more conscious of the time I spend on there.
2. Finish the entire Harry Potter-series: Okay, confession time… I had never read the Harry Potter series until last year. I think I started in December of 2016 and I’m still on book four. Somehow, I can’t find the motivation to go on. But this year, I’m making it one of my goals to finish book four, five, six and seven!
3. Start writing my book: I have been working on a story in my mind for forever now. I always start writing, but then I can’t find the right words so I just stop. So this year, I really want to focus on writing my book.
4. Stop watching TV in bed on weekdays: I’m going to have to spend less time watching TV. Especially in bed on weekdays. Don’t get me wrong, I am not quitting Riverdale or Game of Thrones, but I need to cut back so I get enough sleep and so I can read more and get more inspiration for my own book.
5. Keep on saying yes more often: This is something I’ve been working on for about three years. I love my comfort zone. It is the best zone… But, I don’t really experience a lot if I stay in there for too long. That’s why I’ll keep on taking this goal with me.
6. Spend less money on material things: The past three weekends, I’ve been cleaning out my room. I can’t believe how much stuff I had laying around that I’d just forgotten about. So, this year, I want to spend less on material things. That means: clothing, actual physical books (replace them with an E-reader), random stuff I think I want but don’t really want or need, … I want to live as minimalistic as I can, because I’ve realized that the things you own aren’t worth anything if you don’t frequently use them.
Those are my goals for 2018, what are yours?