The new year has arrived and I’m super excited! Just like last year, we celebrated the new year in the Belgian Ardennes. It was so cold there but the views were amazing. Everything was covered in frost. Just like last year, I made a list of goals for 2017. Things I want to do or see in the upcoming year. I did almost everything on my list of 2016, so this year I get to make a new one!
Goals for 2017:
1. Travel to Santorini. Like I wrote in my 2017 Travel Goals blog post, I have been wanting to visit Santorini for a very long time. This is the year I finally do it!
2. Travel to Ireland or Scotland. Again, I already mentioned it in my Travel Goals blog post but I feel like I want to explore Ireland or Scotland more than I want to explore Iceland.
3. Handle my money more wisely. I am really good at spending money and not so good at saving money. But I’m graduating from college this year, so I really need to get my budgeting together. 4. Say yes more often/ get out of my comfort zone. Last year, I already tried to get more out of my comfort zone and it was so rewarding. That’s why I’m bringing this goal along in 2017. 5. See a Broadway musical. I’m leaving for my internship in Washington, D.C. in less than three weeks. While I’m over there I would love to travel to New York City for a weekend and go see a Broadway musical. That’s something on every musical theatre geek’s bucket list! 6. Spend less time on my phone. I tend to reach for my phone too often. I use it to get away from awkward silences or times that I’m standing somewhere alone and I don’t know what else to do. But I think I miss out on stuff because of that. 7. Start my first full-time job. I can’t believe I’m even saying this but this is my last semester of college. EVER. Meaning that I have to go out and find a full-time job. Super exciting that I’m becoming an adult!
8. Spend NYE in another country. While it was great to spend New Year’s in the Ardennes with my family, 2017 is all about traveling and experiencing new things. That’s why I want to spend NYE in another country. Currently, I’m really into the idea of going to Bali for New Year’s.
9. Get better at photography. I never use my camera on the manual mode and I’m never completely happy with the pictures I take. This year, I want to get better at photography and really take some classes on how to take good quality pictures.
10. Write more often. And by writing, I mean actual stories. I’ve always loved writing but somehow, that’s just a passion that I haven’t developed as well as some other ones. I’ve begun to write a book several times and never really finished it. I would love to take my writing more seriously and actually publish a story.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Q: what are your goals & resolutions for 2017?