I recently made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies, using this recipe by gimmesomeoven.com! My mom even called them ‘the best cookies I’d ever made!’, so I couldn’t not share these with you guys! So here’s the recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- In a bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium-low speed until combined.
- Fold in (stir in) the chocolate chips by hand until just combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop (equivalent to 3 tablespoons) or a spoon to shape the dough into balls, and place them on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 10-20 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just set. The centers may look slightly undercooked.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes.