Tonight is our last show. I had so much fun working on this project. I feel like Hodel and I are alike in so many ways, which made playing her so much fun. I am going to miss our little big family. I will post some behind the scenes photos soon but for now, let’s rule this last one!
Yesterday, we had our dress rehearsal for Fiddler On The Roof! Everything is all set now. We are opening tomorrow and I couldn’t be more excited! I feel like we are going to have so much fun with this show. The local news channel covered our upcoming musical so if you want to watch that segment, you can click here. Break a leg, everyone!
Photos: Marleen Goeman
Oh hey, did I mention I am a huge musical-theatre-lover? Well, I am! The first musical I ever saw was Sleeping Beauty when I was six years old and my love for musical theatre only went uphill from there. But then I saw Les Misérables on the West End and I came out of the Queen’s Theatre thinking: “This is what I want to do.” So, ever since 2012, I’ve been doing musical theatre. In those 4 years, I got to play the mistress in EVITA, Charlotte in Oliver!, Kathy in Company and now, Hodel in Fiddler On The Roof! We are opening on February 25th and I am so excited about this one! So stay tuned for more updates!
I’m normally not one to make new year’s resolutions because I can never truly stick to them! So I decided to make a bucket list! Here are 10 things on my bucket list for 2016!
1. Visit the Van Gogh museum (DONE). Van Gogh’s story is so special and ever since I watched the Doctor Who episode about Van Gogh (I was about 16), I wanted to visit the museum and learn more about his life and the stories behind his painting!
2. Visit the Anne Frank House. The same goes for the Anne Frank House. Ever since I read the diary of Anne Frank, I wanted to see the place where she lived IRL.
3. Go backpacking in Ireland (DONE, sort of). Ireland is supposed to be an amazing country for backpacking and since I have a lot of time to kill this summer, this seemed like an amazing way to explore new parts of the world!
4. Read at least 6 books (DONE). I love reading, so this shouldn’t be that hard! The first three books I’ll be reading are the Divergent-books! Read about my book-bucket-list here!
5. Travel somewhere alone (DONE). I feel like traveling alone is an ideal way to get to know yourself and the world a whole lot better!
6. Exercise more (DONE, sort of). I know, everyone puts this on their bucket lists! But I’ve been exercising every day for about a week now and it does really make me feel better!
7. Visit Amsterdam (DONE). Holland is literally next to Belgium, but I’ve never been to Amsterdam!
8. Get out of my comfort zone (DONE, but can be improved). I am pretty good at staying within my comfort zone! So that needs to change because apparently “live begins outside of your comfort zone”.
9. See at least 3 concerts (DONE). I’m already going to see Justin Bieber in November, which is something I never thought I would ever do! Two more to go!
10. Go on a road trip with friends. Because I think it’s a lot of fun!
Q : what are your goals for 2016?
It’s February 1st! Exactly one year ago, I started writing blog posts for this blog! A year in which I have learned so much about blogging, photography and, well, the internet in general! Also, today is the first day of an all new sunflowersandsuitcases.com! So, welcome back! Starting today, I will be posting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday again! So stay tuned and have fun exploring the new sunflowersandsuitcases.com!